BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Our Crazy Friday!!

The day did not begin well. We were up all night. Jonathan did not sleep more than an hour at a time. Exhaustion did not begin to describe how I felt when I had to get up. My "To Do" list seemed endless with most of the items on it centering on getting ready to leave for Seattle that evening. Laundry, packing, a somewhat clean house and baths were among the top priority. Baths completed. Check! 2 loads of laundry done. Check! Packing...kind of hard when kids keep throwing unwanted stuff in their suitcases but eventually done. Check! During this whole time the kids kept bickering. He took my toy. She won't share. I want a snack. I want to watch a movie. Jonathan crying most of the time. Let's just say I didn't respond with saintly patience. Instead, it was more of a yelling at the top of my lungs, secretly wondering why on earth we have these crazy children! In desperation I turned on a movie so I could finish up some items on my list and thought I would try to redeem myself after my yelling tirades. I made popcorn for the kids while they were watching their movie. After serving them their popcorn, I went to the dryer to grab the clothes and when I came back, there were multiple piles of popcorn all over the couch, coffee table and floor. Thank heavens I didn't butter it! Again, I failed to respond with saintly patience and instead lost it. Stomping around in a huff, I turned off the movie and proceeded to vacuum the piles of popcorn off the floor. When Matt arrived home, I was ready to run for the hills! Luckily my mom sent the kids a package for Easter so opening that up occupied some time while we were trying to pack the car and get our things together. I failed to remember that I'd left the scissors out in the open after opening the box and Benjamin removed several chunks of hair before I realized what had happened. Ahhhhhhhh! Needless to say we survived the day and the car trip. We arrived safely in Seattle after a harrowing drive over Snoqualmie Pass.

Dear Lord, Thank you for these crazy children who are teaching me so much about how I need to respond to circumstances that are beyond my control. Please give me patience and wisdom.

3 comments:

Patricia said...

yes, i totally get it!!! i only have two and i find myself wondering where that saintly patience is. then again, i don't know if i've ever had it. these children sure teach us a lot, don't they?!

Kimmer said...

Motherhood is so exhausting, isn't it?? It's a good thing they're so cute!! Love the blog--very cute! Welcome to the world of blogging.... :)

Clandestine Road said...

Hi Cate! I just found this from Facebook. I think blogs are the best way to keep a baby book and also have a sort of community. This is really neat!

Sorry the trip was exhausting. After we do that or I volunteer in our five year-old's kindergarten class, I need a half hour in a quiet, dark room. :)

Angie (from Whitworth)